Hiking, Fresh Air, and Brews

"And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul."

YAY! Family photo.
We got to go hiking this week! On Monday we hiked Stratobowl Rim Trail and today we hiked Flume Trail (well we're not even really positive on this). Monday's hike was more of a stroll but the view at the top was so pretty! Today's hike was quite the workout. It probably doesn't help that the first portion of it was just straight up the side of the mountain. It also probably doesn't help that we weren't necessarily following a trail for the first portion. Mistakes were made.We ended both hikes with Miners Brewery. Which in itself is a good time.

Feeling super in my element now that the weather is nicer. Game plan is to get as much hiking done this summer as possible. With the promise of beer after, I might be more apt to follow through. I will probably change my mind once my legs start to fall off.

The boys checking the map....again.

On the hike back on Monday I gathered some pine cones, branches, and a giant chunk of wood. We were able to explore them the next day and even used the branches as paint brushes. And of course, Aurora had to take a taste. She got to explore the pine cones closer, which she really seems to like. It's such a random thing to like...but she'll sit there examining every last bit of them. It's so cool watching her learn and explore.


Brown paint was not my best choice.

The next two days I spent going through and organizing all of my old pictures. Bad idea people! It was like looking at pictures of a completely different person. Left me laying awake at night just filled with anxiety about my past. But! If I didn't cringe about my past it would mean I haven't grown. Which is what I will tell myself every time my anxiety likes to post reminders into my "before bed time" log book.

I've kind of slacked off on my self care this week. For any stay at home mom's and dad's, having a schedule is super important. (Do as I say not as I do.) I went off of it for what... half a week and I was a ball of emotions! Back on track tomorrow.

(Can I just say, MAN I'm glad mental illness is so open at this point in time. I mean...it's still not perfect. But at least no ones trying to put me in a padded room for "hysteria". Amiright??)

Bubbles everywhere, Bubbles in her hair.

In an attempt to make the rest of our week fun we pulled out the fixer of all things. BUBBLES. There's just something about dancing to Disney hits in bubbles. I don't know man, it just works. Not to mention I'm pretty stoked about the cute photos I got of Miss. Rory. So stinkin' cute. I think these are the best photos of I've gotten that show her personality! She's so silly, I love it.

We figured out the other day that she finds it absolutely hysterical when Tyler and I play fight. So all I have to do to get her to belly laugh is ninja chop her Dada.


Viewing life through a rainbow.

I'll end this weeks post on another input into "shit Rory eats". Raw cinnamon rolls. I tried to be a cute and have her help me make some for breakfast. So we're sitting down on the kitchen floor delicately placing the rolls in the pan when she decides "meh, who needs cooked cinnamon rolls." and takes a bite. Then when I took the rest of the roll from her she screamed like I cut her arm off. Lost it! Kid's are crazy.

On the plus side I think she's pretty much over trying to eat the rocks in the back yard. You win some, you lose most. (that's how it goes, right?)



Popular Posts