Taste of Spring

"Here comes the sun." SIKE
 This week, THIS WEEK, let me tell you...it was GLORIOUS. I was about one more ice cream away from throwing on my bathing suit and jumping into a lake. Only problem is, we're located in the most ridiculous state and this was only but a dream. A mere glimpse of Spring.

South Dakota is like that super tall bully that takes your things and dangles them above your head shouting "try and get it!". We are not friends South Dakota and I promise you; I will get Spring, if I have to kick you in the shins, I will get Spring!

I am just so grateful we got as much as we did. We planted seeds and played in the potting soil. Per usual, Aurora took a big handful of dirt and shoved it in her mouth. She's going to be so pleased when shes older that I made sure to get all of these odd ball taste test sessions on camera. I should make a book "All The Gross Things You Ingested".

What a mess! So much fun though.

We didn't just ingest potting soil though! We also got vanilla bean ice cream from Silver Lining Creamery downtown. It was probably the biggest mistake I made all week. She was grabbing it by her hands out of the bowl, there was ice cream EVERYWHERE! Total disaster. We also got to pop into the toy store and play at the park, so it was probably the best day if you ask her.

Who knew ice cream could be so stressful.

Another thing that started up this week was her waving. She's done it for awhile but typically only when told to wave bye bye to someone. This week though, she's waved at everyone. Her favorite is to wave at her Dada (very aggressively) while saying "Hi Dada, Hi Dada, Hi Dada.".

I don't know what in particular it is about this week but she just seems so much older. While we were putting groceries away, she came into the kitchen, grabbed an apple out of the fridge, and proceeded to walk around eating it. She's never even eaten an apple like that. She's so independent!

We spent a lot of time outside, even went out barefoot to rub our toes through the grass and toss the ball for Grizzly. Soaked up every possible sun ray and breeze because we knew it was going to be short lived.

Running her wiggles out.

The weather changed in a blink of an eye and we woke up to a blizzard on Friday. We went from not a lick of snow left to having a four foot mound outside our front door. More snow is expected to come this upcoming week as well so that's just dandy. On the plus side Tyler got to stay home and we all spent the day watching movies and snuggling on the sofa.

I also got some baking time in and made two dozen macarons. Twelve of them are cinnamon and the other twelve are cookie dough. SO GOOD. I won't be hired to drizzle chocolate any time soon and I may have had a slight oopsie with the cinnamon and made a mess..BUT, they are delicious.


Drool-worthy goodness.

Saturday this mama got to get out of the house baby-less! I was so excited I got completely ready at 11:45, only to get changed back into lounge clothes and then changed AGAIN at a more appropriate time. A friend and I escaped the mom life for a night at our favorite coffee shop for some live music and beers. It was so relaxing to get out and not have to worry about chasing a wild toddler around! We were also home by 9:30 and if you're an old lady like me that in itself is a win.

As a whole this week was pretty good. We got lots of family time and we had a lot of reminders about how grateful we are to have each other. Also macarons are pretty awesome too. See ya next week!


Popular Posts